I love smoothies – but I always had a “mental block” towards making them – cutting the fruit, figuring out which ingredients to mix, etc. etc. But then I discovered frozen berries at Trader Joes – and came up with the easiest smoothie recipe ever! And it’s really healthy too 🙂
1. Frozen Berry Medley (I use the one from Trader Joe’s that has Blueberries, Blackberries, Strawberries, and Raspberries – picture below)
2. Light Vanilla SoyMilk (you can use any brand you like – there are brands that have only 50-80 calories per serving which is a great option!)
3. Splenda or Agave sweetner, to taste
1. Puree 1 cup berries, water/soy milk to taste in a blender (if you like a super creamy smoothie – use 1/2 cup – 1 cup soymilk, if you want to keep the calories low and don’t need the extra protein, use water)
2. Add Agave or Splenda sweetner to taste (once the smoothie has been prepared)
The great thing about this is – the entire cooking time is about 5 min, but you end up with a delicious and super healthy smoothie which is a great option for breakfast or snacks!